Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
All applicants must be students planning a career in Church Music
The scholarship will be granted for the fall semester of the application year.
All Applicants for sholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a music degree candidate intending to pursue a career in sacred music, either entering as a freshman or already enrolled in an accredited university, college, or school of theology.
Demonstrate evidence of:
- exceptional musical talent,
- AND outstanding promise of future usefulness to the Church in the areas of music and/or worship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to further the education of someone with clear intent to pursue church music as a career.
Evidence of the above requirements must be demonstrated through the following documents submitted electronically at one time by the applicant to the Chairperson of the Music Committee:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of a transcript of the applicant's academic record from the last institution attended.
- A one-page, typed, single-spaced personal statement from the applicant which describes intent of church music as vocation and evidence of enthusiasm for and commitment to the career choice.
THREE letters of reference attesting to the ability of the applicant to meet the above requirements from:
- The applicant's major professor or teacher.
- The pastor of the church with whom the applicant is affiliated and/or employed.
- A third person who can support the applicant’s abilities as a musician and can attest to the applicant’s vocational potential and promise of future usefulness.
All information will be treated as confidential. No applicant will be considered for scholarship assistance unless all six documents are completed and returned to the Chairperson of the Committee by the deadline date of April 6 of the application year.
This form is no longer available. It was closed for further submissions on 04/07/2018.