The 30 Hour Famine (30HF) is back and we will again be raising money for World Vision, to help bring food and clean water to starving children in Africa, by fasting for thirty hours. The 30HF is from 6 p.m. on Friday, February 26 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 27 (but the fast begins after lunch on Friday). The 30HF is free, so please join us and invite some friends. Registration below... as soon as you sign up we will get you a packet so you can begin fundraising!
A Hunger Free World begins with You
He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. – Psalm 146: 7
This will not be easy. 30 Hours is on ly the beginning. Still we pursue justice, relentlessly working to end global hunger.
Our faith in God guides each of us. It empowers us to stand strong in the face of challenges. It drives us forward toward the goal of a Hunger Free world.
God tells us in Psalm 146:5-7, to put our hope and trust in Him. Through Him, great things can happen, but we must be faithful. It is up to us now to hear those words and act. To fast. To be transformed and to transform the lives of others.
Go hungry with us for 30 Hours. Stay hungry for justice for a lifetime. Together we can end this epidemic.
Parents and adults,
We are so excited to have you help us! There are many ways for you to be involved to learn with us and to get to know our youth even better! Please read over the brief descriptions and then fill out the Parent Volunteer Form. Thank you for your support of the 2016 30 Hour Famine.
- Friday and Saturday Chaperone – come join us for the weekend! You don’t have to fast for 30 Hours if you would rather not – but I would like to have 2 or 3 adults who commit to participating with the youth for the entire weekend. You don’t have to spend the night at different houses though. I promise this weekend will change you! You will plug in for all the ways that we need throughout the weekend – transportation, service projects, paperwork, juicing, etc.
- Juicing Team – leadership before and during the 30HF – someone who will help our youth juicing team. We need juicing fruit donations, juicers, cutting boards, knives, cups and bottles of juice.
- Friday Night – 6-11 p.m. – Help with paperwork, money counting, organizing donations and more!
- Host Homes – Friday night – host a group of our youth for the night! They need a ride at 11:00 pm to your house, a place to sleep, juice in the morning and need to be returned in the morning around 10:30 am. You will also help us put together lunch for the Saturday service project.
- Service Projects – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Help us get to and from our service projects and work with them!
- Saturday Night BREAKING OF THE FAST Meal – A team of adults are needed to prepare, serve and clean up our meal together.
- Reed Hall – On Sunday Mornings, February 8, 15, 22, we need one parent AND youth to staff our 30HF table in Reed Hall, where the congregation can learn more, make donations and pick a prayer partner.
This form is no longer available. It was closed for further submissions on 02/29/2016.