Milestones are the significant developmental markers that we experience throughout our lives. They are our firsts. There are ordinary firsts of steps and teeth, walking and talking. There are also firsts in our faith life: receiving a Bible, Confirmation, learning about Holy Communion and Baptism, and more.
Our Faith Milestone program is designed to partner with families to find ways for children and families to grow in faith at church and at home. The church provides the resources for families to focus on certain faith foundations.
Currently our milestones include:
- Preschool 3s and 4s: Preschool Bibles – 3 and 4 year olds can receive a storybook Bible to read at home with their families
- Kindergarten: Worship Milestone – a chance to explore the sanctuary “behind the scenes’ and learn more about worship
- Grade 1: Touch the Water – Learn about the sacrament of Baptism
- Grade 2: Taste the Bread – Learn about Holy Communion and what it means for us.
- Grade 3: A Bible of My Own – Parents and children learn together about the Bible and how to use it in daily living. Bibles are presented to children in worship. 3rd grade Sunday school class reinforces the Bible learning with a four week class.
- Grade 6: Confirmation – Confirmation classes give 6th graders a chance to dive deep into faith and prepare for a lifetime of discipleship.