The West End Scholarship Committee is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. Deadline for receipt of all application materials is 5 P.M., Thursday, March 10, 2017. There are no exceptions to this deadline.
The scholarship categories are as follows:
- The Casparis Scholarship is given to a graduating high school senior West End member and is based on service to the church, academic record, and potential for future contributions to career and/or community. Financial need may be taken into account, but is not primary.
- The Blakemore Scholarships are given to deserving people such as ministers, missionaries, teachers, social workers, or people in kindred lines of work pursuing education in those fields.
- The Heath Jones Blakemore Scholarship supports someone preparing to become a PreK-12 teacher or a current PreK-12 teacher seeking additional professional development.
- The Ruth Castles Fund supports deserving African Americans and Native Americans pursuing careers in ministry or medicine.
- The Sara Rodes Fund was established by the United Methodist Women of West End UMC in memory of longtime member and philanthropist Sara Rodes. This scholarship supports higher education for women who have overcome obstacles, need help to complete their education, and are currently enrolled in a program leading to self-sufficiency.
Note: The Blakemore/Jones/Castles/Rodes applications are all on one form.
Please be advised that preference will be given to Tennesseans in our area and to those attending schools in the State of Tennessee.
For an application please download a copy from the West End United Methodist Church website at westendumc.org, or e-mail Bonnie Seay at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying whether you would like the Casparis or Blakemore form.