The 30 Hour Famine (30HF) is back and this year we are raising money and awareness for two ministries this by fasting for thirty hours!!! The first ministry is Nashville Diaper Connection, to help provide clean and dry diapers for every infant in Nashville. The second ministry is World Vision, to help bring food and clean water to starving children around the world! The 30HF activities are from 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 10 and to 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 11 (the fast begins at 6 a.m. on Saturday). The 30HF is free, so please join us and invite some friends. Registration below... as soon as you sign up we will get you a packet so you can begin fundraising!
Be Hungry... so the world can be hunger-free
He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner..giving them food and clothing. - Deuteronomy 10:18
This will not be easy. 30 Hours is on ly the beginning. Still we pursue justice, relentlessly working to end global hunger.
Our faith in God guides each of us. It empowers us to stand strong in the face of challenges. It drives us forward toward the goal of a Hunger Free world.
God tells us in Psalm 146:5-7, to put our hope and trust in Him. Through Him, great things can happen, but we must be faithful. It is up to us now to hear those words and act. To fast. To be transformed and to transform the lives of others.
Go hungry with us for 30 Hours. Stay hungry for justice for a lifetime. Together we can end this epidemic.
Parents and adults,
We are so excited to have you help us! There are many ways for you to be involved to learn with us and to get to know our youth even better! Please read over the brief descriptions and then fill out the Parent Volunteer Form. Thank you for your support of the 2018 30 Hour Famine.
- Saturday and Sunday Chaperone – come join us for the weekend! You don’t have to fast for 30 Hours if you would rather not – but I would like to have 2 or 3 adults who commit to participating with the youth for the entire weekend. You don’t have to spend the night at different houses though. I promise this weekend will change you! You will plug in for all the ways that we need throughout the weekend – transportation, service projects, paperwork, juicing, etc.
- Juicing Leadership – leadership before and during the 30HF – someone who will help our youth juicing team. We need juicing fruit donations, juicers, cutting boards, knives, cups and bottles of juice.
- Saturday Morning – 8:30-11:00 am – Help with paperwork, money counting, organizing donations and more!
- Host Homes – Saturday night – host a group of our youth for the night! They need a ride at 9:00 pm to your house, a place to sleep, juice in the morning and need to be returned in the morning around 8:45 am.
- Service Projects – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Help us get to and from our service projects and work with them!
- Sunday Lunch BREAKING OF THE FAST Meal – A team of adults are needed to prepare, serve and clean up our meal together.
- Reed Hall – On Sunday Mornings, February 18, 25 and March 4th we need one parent AND youth to staff our 30HF table in Reed Hall, where the congregation can learn more and make donations