We hope you will join us for worship on Palm Sunday at 8:45 as we walk through the events leading up to Jesus’ arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane. In preparation for worship, we invite you to prepare some things to have with you:
- Find a branch or a leaf that you can wave as part of our opening hymn and palm procession. Here's a palm leaf coloring sheet that kids can color and cut out to participate in worship.
- Bring a candle that you can light as we begin worship
- Bring bread and juice/wine/water so that we can share in the Lord’s Supper
Thank you for joining us.
God is with us! Let us worship together!
West End UMC Worship - Sunday, April 5, 2020
Today's service will be available on Livestream 8:45 a.m. via westendumc.org/livestream and on our Facebook page.
West End UMC - 8:45 a.m. - April 5, 2020 - Worship Bulletin:
Processional Hymn No. 280 All Glory, Laud, and Honor.......St. Theodulph
Hymn No. 286: O Sacred Head.............................................. .. Passion Chorale
Recessional Hymn No. 285: To Mock Your Reign..............................Kingsfold
To Mock Your Reign
Following the “live” service, the replay will be available at anytime throughout the day at the links above and the full service will be available on westendumc.org later in the day.
Pastors Brandon and Maggie provided a resource for everyone to use this past Sunday for a home Sunday School option. This week it also includes lessons for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. OnlineSundaySchoolforHolyWeek2020.pdf
Look for an update on the church’s financial health early next week. In the meantime, please continue your giving to the church as you are able during this time of uncertainty. Here are ways to give:
- Give on line at westendumc.org/give. Here you can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring gift.
- Text to give. You can text "Give" to 615-697-4010, and the prompts will help you set up from there. Once you get registered, you can use this option easily going forward.
- Contact Cindy Siemer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an automatic bank draft.
- Mail a check to the church at 2200 West End Avenue, Nashville 37203. Mail is held at the post office and picked up twice a week by a staff member.
We know that during this time, emotions and anxiety are high. Our pastoral staff is here for you and is still meeting weekly to pray for all requests. If you have a prayer request, the easiest way to let us know if by our online form at westendumc.org/prayerrequest.
While we are physically apart, we are still worshipping together! Snap a pic of your worship space with us this morning and share it on social media with the hashtag #WEUMCworshipstogether so we can all be connected!