MISSION OF THE ART INCLUSION TASK FORCE
To offer opportunities to grow deeper in faith through art and art experiences that offer diverse perspectives and understandings of God, Christ, spirituality, and discipleship.
VISION OF THE ART INCLUSION TASK FORCE
The Art at West End UMC is an effective tool for education and an inspiration to the Church to be the loving light of Christ in the world and a welcoming place for all people.
VALUES OF THE ART INCLUSION TASK FORCE
- Do No Harm.
- Be the Loving Light of Christ in the World. Connecting. Transforming.
Be inclusive in Our Representation of Faith and Divinity.
- Offer multicultural interpretations of faith through art.
- Work with artists from a range of backgrounds — a mix of local, national, and international artists.
- Prioritize new perspectives not currently represented.
- Artists should tell their own stories. We should seek art about a culture from those who are a part of that culture.
- The work should inspire people to see the world, God, Jesus, the Church through other people’s eyes.
- Artwork should offer additional opportunities to worship & commune with God.
- The artwork should be a tool for teaching.
- As a group, we should be teachable.
- Educate and be educated on diverse perspectives & understandings of faith.
Pay artists fairly for their work.
- Buy work directly from artists when possible and respect and champion the rights of artists to be paid fairly for their labor.
- Dismantle a solely Eurocentric understanding of God and faith.
- Uphold the tenets of the West End UMC Anti-Racism Covenant in all matters.
Remember that God Loves Everyone Unconditionally.
- Our bedrock belief.