The 30 Hour Famine (30HF) is back and this year we are raising money and awareness for two ministries this by fasting for thirty hours!!! The first ministry is The Little Pantry That Could. The second ministry is World Vision, to help bring food and clean water to starving children around the world!
Registration below... as soon as you sign up we will get you a packet so you can begin fundraising!
Hunger isn't just. But your hunger can be. JUST HUNGER.
We all hunger for something. Love. Recognition. Money. Happiness. Acceptance. Safety. Meaning. Our hunger moves us to action. What about those who hunger because they are actually hungry? Their hunger moves them to action too.
What if we all hunger for justice? Moved to new action inspired by the love of Christ? To keep kids alive. To give food to all who hunger. All, meaning there's no more "us" and "them." It's all us. Because kingdom justice has always been about all of us.
And it's time we all JUST HUNGER. That's what these 30 hours are about.
"What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
Parents and adults,
We are so excited to have you help us! There are many ways for you to be involved to learn with us and to get to know our youth even better! Please read over the brief descriptions and then fill out the Parent Volunteer Form. Thank you for your support of the 2019 30 Hour Famine.
- Friday and Saturday Chaperone – come join us for the weekend! You don’t have to fast for 30 Hours if you would rather not – but I would like to have 2 or 3 adults who commit to participating with the youth for our daytime activities. I promise this weekend will change you! You will plug in for all the ways that we need throughout the weekend – transportation, service projects, paperwork, juicing, etc.
- Juicing Leadership – leadership before and during the 30HF – someone who will help our youth juicing team. We need juicing fruit donations, juicers, cutting boards, knives, cups and bottles of juice.
- Friday Evening – 5:30-7:00 pm – Help with paperwork, money counting, organizing donations and more!
- Host Homes – Friday night – host a group of our youth for the night! They need a ride at 9:00 pm to your house, a place to sleep, juice in the morning and need to be returned in the morning around 8:45 am.
- Service Projects – 9:00-3:00. – Help us get to and from our service projects and work with them!
- Saturday Night BREAKING OF THE FAST Meal – A team of adults are needed to prepare, serve and clean up our meal together.